- Customer Services
- Contact Us
- Delivery & Shipping
- Gift Vouchers
- KM Card
- Product Care
- Size Guide
- Site Map
We're thrilled that you're interested in joining the Karen Millen family! We are a great bunch of like-minded people who are passionate about doing great work and satisfying our customers. We believe we are ambassadors for the brand in everything we do and say, and we look to replicate the brand values in all aspects of our work. Working for Karen Millen isn't just a job - we can help you achieve your goals if you have the talent, passion and dedication to make it happen. You might be surprised by the scale and scope of the opportunities on offer at Karen Millen and the wider Aurora Group (including Warehouse, Coast and Oasis). As well as the different jobs in our stores (everything from stylists to senior management), we have a range of roles at our support office in London, as well as positions in our Shared Services team (based in Oxford), who provide support to the entire Aurora group.
(click the links below to navigate)
|Current Vacancies |
Our Values and Ethics
What are we looking for?
What are the Benefits?
Head Office Careers
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Head Office Positions|
Pattern Cutter, Fit Model, Merchandiser (MAT Cover), Merchandising Distribution Analyst, Allocator, Product Development Assistant, Assistant Stock Accountant.
|Retail Positions - UK|
Store Manager - Position available at: Nottingham House Of Fraser, Meadowhall.
Assistant Manager - Position available at: Glasgow House Of Fraser, Bristol Cribbs Causeway, Livingston.
Supervisor - Position available at: Bicester, Bournemouth, Guildford, Kildare, Glasgow House Of Fraser, Maidstone House Of Fraser, Westfield White City.
Stylist - Position available at: Bicester, Glasgow.
|Retail Positions EU|
Store Manager - Position available at: Karstadt Hamburg, Marseille, Le Marais.
Assistant Manager - Position available at: Brussels, Galeries Lafayette Hausseman.
Stylist - Position available at: Galeries Lafayette Hausseman, Berlin, Munich, Hamburg.
- Treat each other with honesty and integrity
- Commitment to encouraging creativity and innovation
- Commitment to nurture and develop people to the extent of their desired career path
- We will communicate regularly on matters that affect employees
- Encourage regular performance feedback and celebrate success
We all look to deliver an uncompromising level of service and embrace the following behaviours:
THE KAREN MILLEN DNA
- Without a doubt you will be self-motivated and obsessed about delivering great results
- Working here and succeeding is all about having the right attitude and wanting to be great at everything we do, not just average
- Passion and natural ability to deliver exemplary service at all times
- Energy and enthusiasm to help us achieve our goals
- You will feel at ease in dealing with customer relations and you will enjoy working challenges through to a positive conclusion
- Infatuation with fashion and trend aware
- Team work orientated yet individually accountable
- Commercially focused and motivated to continually deliver results and identify new opportunities
- Creative and innovative
- You will live the Karen Millen Service Values at all times
- You will need to be numerate to GCSE level (or equivalent) and possess excellent communication skills
- IT literacy is advantageous in stores and essential in most office roles
As well as offering an exciting and rewarding career, working for us can offer many other benefits:
- Competitive salaries
- Commission rate payments *
- Generous paid holiday allowance that increases based on service and seniority
- Generous Aurora Group discount
- Staff uniform allowance *
- Contribution towards gym membership joining fee**
- Exclusive levels of high quality training and development
- Regular performance reviews
*Store staff only ** Head Office staff only
Karen Millen’s service philosophy is to provide exclusive entry level premium service that compliments our high quality bespoke designed products and luxurious shop environment. Unlike other retailers, we don’t employ just a few VIP personal shoppers for that luxurious and personal shopping experience, all our store staff are recruited with only VIP in mind. We love the individuality that all our great employees bring, and their personality and passion is what sets them apart for the competition. Diversity is of paramount importance to us so we don’t have a one-size fits all approach to our recruitment. So, whilst qualifications are desirable, they aren’t always essential for a role in Karen Millen - but there are certain qualities that you absolutely will need to have. Training will be provided and only you can really make every opportunity count, so we would expect you to be proactively working with your manager on your development. There are some essentials qualities that you will need to be truly successful in Karen Millen, irrespective of the role you apply for, so make sure you look at the Karen Millen DNA.
- You will be a team player working to achieve exceptional personalised customer service.
- You will need a real interest in people and have superb communication skills to demonstrate your genuine passion for the Karen Millen brand and knowledge of our luxury fashion collection.
ASSISTANT MANAGER IN TRAINING
- You will lead by example showing off your talent to meet your customer’s individual needs.
- In addition, you will support the store management team to coach and develop the Style Advisors.
- This is your opportunity to learn key management skills and understand commercial performance.
Your ability to motivate and guide the store team will be crucial to support the Store Manager and drive commercial performance.
- Your inspirational management skills will drive your team to maximise sales, store profits and deliver exceptional customer service.
- You will be running your own part of the Karen Millen business and your responsibilities include visually merchandising your store with attention to detail to create a unique shopping experience for your customers, analysing commercial data, and recruiting, training, developing and motivating your team to improve sales and consistently deliver outstanding customer service.
DAY IN THE LIFE OF A KAREN MILLEN STYLE ADVISOR
The job role is highly rewarding and is ideally suited for people who really care about excellent sales service and possess a real love of luxury fashion. We coach and encourage our Style Advisors to develop and enjoy using an array of stylist skills, as our key focus is our customer’s satisfaction. A big part of your role will be getting to know your customers, building relationships and offering expert stylist advice which fits perfectly with each customer’s individual needs. The job does require a high level of dedication and you will need to work hard to meet both business and customer expectations, however the rewards are great; building long-lasting friendships with many customers making the job very personal and satisfying, a sense of achievement when business targets are reached, and a personal development plan which will allow you to not only grow within your stylist role but the potential to progress within an exciting and internationally expanding company.
How to apply
Once you have an updated CV and mentally confirmed you fit the DNA to apply to Karen Millen, there are two main ways to apply.
The most effective route is to contact your local store directly as each store manager manages his or her own recruitment. You will need to give your CV and ideally include a covering letter to the relevant store. Alternatively, you could email a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com.
In your communication please state what role you are interested in and for which location. Once we have received your CV your details are then forwarded to the appropriate store who will manage your application – you should contact the store to which you applied for any progress update. When we have specific store management roles we sometimes advertise using Retail Choice. You must have the legal right to work in the country to which you are applying and the minimum age is 16. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive we regrettably cannot personally reply to all candidates and so stores will only contact successful candidates to progress your application.
London City – (Old Street tube) and Stanton Harcourt in Witney, Oxford
The same DNA applies to our support office roles so have a quick sense check over those. Whilst most of the roles we employee probably require relevant qualifications or skills, we are open to hearing from talented and passionate people who feel they can bring something special to Karen Millen or the wider group. The London Old Street office is the heart of the product innovation, production, design and store liaison. There are many departments based here:
Karen Millen is entirely design led and designs all of the ranges in-house. The Design team inspires, guides and informs the business on upcoming trends. They are responsible for developing new shapes and key pieces for the new season and providesing colour and looks for the season’s collections.
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT(no buying function in KM)
The Product Development team are responsible for the development of Karen Millen garments from conception through to delivery, ensuring that the critical path is managed effectively so that all key dates are achieved and the product is delivered to meet launch dates.
The Merchandising team is responsible for all financial aspects of planning and trading for a department. It does this by working closely with the the Buying and Design teams to deliver a well-balanced and commercial range.
The international team manages the relationships we have with our overseas brand franchises. International is an exciting and rapidly growing area of the business. The international team is responsible for maintaining brand integrity, product merchandising and visual proposition.
Retail Operations is the communication link between Karen Millen stores, field teams and head office.
Our production team is our own internal supplier working closely with the design and product development departments. The Production department assures the quality of the product, from first sample through to delivery. The team also assess the supply base for its suitability for the brand and monitors new and existing supplier's compliance to our standards of make and delivery. Garment Technologists are responsible for the fit and quality of the garments, from design to manufacture, making sure that the most appropriate construction methods are used. Working closely with designers and pattern cutters their responsibilities include fabric testing, garment fittings and analysing product returns and faults. Pattern Cutters work closely with the Designers, to create accurate pattern templates from working drawings produced by a fashion designer. Once they produce the initial pattern, the in-house sample machinist makes up an example garment. The Pattern cutters then work with designers and garment technologists to make any adjustments or alterations to produce the final pattern. Sample machinists produce garment sample to show the design team how the finished item will look. They follow fabric, colour and size instructions from the designer, pattern cutter and garment technologist to prepare the sample and advise the design team.
How to apply
Once you have mentally confirmed you fit the DNA to apply to Karen Millen and you feel you have the necessary skills, qualification or talent necessary for a particular role, you can forward your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit an updated CV and covering letter stating your current salary, what role you are interested in, and for which location. Once we have received your CV your details will be forwarded to the appropriate manager who will manage your application. If you have speculatively submitted your CV we will assess your details against the criteria of any our vacancies and we will contact you should it be appropriate. We are unable to contact all candidates unless you have been successful in progressing with a vacancy. We also use www.retailchoice.com to advertise our vacancies.
We have established links with specific educational institutions for long periods of work experience, so these opportunities are quite hard to get, but if you are interested please note we start recruiting for these early. We are always keen to try and support work placements where there will be some tangible benefit to you as a placement, so feel free to send in a CV and covering letter stating what type of placement you are interested in, and we will see what we can do.
Please send your CV to: email@example.com.